How we are doing

We’re Committed to Measuring Results.

Our map highlights where communities and cities have gotten to zero euthanasia nationally (by all animal control/animal welfare organizations) and where Target Zero is currently working to keep making that happen. We define zero as 90% or more of cats and dogs getting out of shelters safely. The remaining 10% or less are accounted for by animals which, regardless of medical treatment, will die from illness and/or large dogs with non rehabilitative aggression issues.

Our Fellows

Target Zero mentors Fellow Cities at no cost to get them to zero. We launched in 2013 and have now seen two Fellow Cities — Waco, TX and Huntsville, AL — get to zero as of December 2015. Congratulations to our first Alumni Cities!